Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl all GROWN UP



Ok so I begin writing this letter at the end of our Father's Day service at church . I got inspired...

I dedicated this letter to all the fathers, to-be fathers, and future fathers. I titled it Daddy's Little Girl.

Dear Dad,

I <3 you. Sometimes it is hard for me to say that cause I feel like I still don't know you. I hear from you every other month, kinda around midterm season or BIG EVENTS in my life (Lord...next in line is my college gradution but that's December.. Thank God). I have grown to be use to that (Even tho i hate it, with a passion). I kinda put up with it cause I feel I have to and should be thankful that I actually know who you are . Some say not having a relationship with your father can be a big impact on your life, I would have to agree, especially for this young woman :-)

I remember that time on the phone when you tried to talk to me about SEX... lol I was 18 years old actually :-)... i know pretty much about "the DO" thanks to pastors, youth ministers, "big brothers", and crazy guy friends over the years. LOL I also remember when you taught me how to use a leaf blower... but that's about it (Well, that's what I thought). But you know something, Dad you have taught me something.... :-) so you don't have to be mad or sad about not teaching me anything all these years.

At the age of 22, Dad I have learned how to be more patience, observant and thankful for the Men of God that God has put in my place to show me how fathers and MEN are suppose to act or treat their daughters. I value the friendships that I have growth over the years, watching these fathers take care of the kids, especially their baby girls. All this time I thought it didnt matter to me about being Daddy's lil girl... but it really did. And I know I am... I'm GOD's GIRL

I use to fear talking to men because I really didn't understand them because I really didnt understand who you were. Everytime I would get close to a man I would freeze up in fear, it's like I wanted to be myself but I just didnt know what to say or how to say it until I found out who I was and i stopped caring so much about the way I was preceived. When women are young or old, they are always looking and search for that special someone to tell them that they are beautiful, that special someone should be your father. So many young women look to other men or boys to validate them because they don't hear that in the household from other than a female which is theur mother or sister... it's not the same at all.

Dad I thank you because I can freely say that you have done a great job. Well, you have taught me the importance of communicate, when I am dating someone or trying to get to know someone communicatin is key. I don't want a distant relationship with anybody that is why I value communicate so much.

And just so you know and you probably already know because you told me that you check out my facebook time to time. I am doing fine, I'm alive children I have none.. not even five. I'm doing good actually I'm doing great becaue I am protected in my Daddy God's grace.

"It is much easier to become a father than to be one." ~Kent Nerbuwrn

Love,

Ashleah Symone Jackson


--> I wrote this letter to express how much I feel that it is important for Fathers to have a relationship with their children especially their young girls. There are too many young girls doing their own things and search out there in the world for some man to show them love... that man first an formost should be there father... then the search party will be over.

3 comments:

  1. Did u actually send this to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didnt sent it to him but i have a strong feeling that he has probably read it and probably doesnt ever want to speak to me ever again lol... it's just how i feel i still love him tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't grow up with my father around. I love how you are an adult about it. LOvE the letter.

    ReplyDelete